Thursday, July 07, 2011

Manga: Humble Experiment.



Last class, I gave my students an exercise of attacking a page in a different style they do not know and We will complete it in the class next Saturday, mainly I want them to respect the work of others, I mean you can draw realistic, classical, cartoon, manga (I hate when people have the tendency to label the work, for me is quite simple, you can do good art or bad art no matter the style) but in a point the base is the same. (I am not trying to prove any point on this page, probably only to make my students understand that when you have the right bases and create the discipline you can learn from any style of genre and take the good things to enrich your work).

So let's see where my experiment takes me.
The girl is going to be attacked by a monster in a parking lot.




JESUS ANTONIO