Sunday, August 22, 2004

Metropolis

In case you do not know that I have a great love for Silent Movies since being a little young boy, My grandmother used to have the great idea of getting me into the great fun of comedy short films and later on I got deep into other kind of movies specially noir sense of design.
I remember my first films I watched were the flicks from Stan Laurel and Hardy, Charles Caplin, Buster Keaton (in my humble opinion the best comedy actor),Harold Loyd (I still remember the classic scene where He is hanging from the long hand of a big clock!).

And I gotta confess that one of my best movies was Metroplis filmed by Fritz Lang and I can say one of the best german directors that ever existed. And his silent work is incredible!.

In case you want to know more about him go to this place.
http://members.aol.com/MG4273/lang.htm

And to learn about Metropolis there is this beautiful Brazilian site.
If you start knowing about my work you might recognize many elements used by him that I really want to use and evolve.His sense of design is Awesome!!
http://www.persocom.com.br/brasilia/metropo.htm

Have a great day!!...JESUS ANTONIO

No comments: