Monday, July 16, 2007

Huapangeada.



This is the first time I attended a Huapangeada and I went with my girl last Saturday night, I do not normally talk about me or the place where I am from and this is a good opportunity to do so, My dad is from la Sierra Gorda (Sierra Gorda is a big chain of mountains linked by regions like San Luis Potosi, Queretaro, Hidalgo, Veracruz and some othere states and they have a traditional music called "Huapango" that I really love, as some of you know this blog has many reasons and one is to keep updated my friends that for many circunstances are out of my country and the other so they can enjoy what my country is and shorten distances. From what I know and I might be wrong Huapango is a strange mix of french music during the invation and a mix of folckorical tunes from the region.
We arrived at 6:00 pm and from what I heard this event lasted a lot, We left at 9:30 and it was only at the half.
There were 3 groups playing and the one that I loved was one from Veracruz called Trio Koneme. We ate some enchiladas and sopes and the event was great!!Hopefully next time I will go with my whole family and my girl.
I am setting a page where you can have a small taste of what Huapango is...enjoy the music!
Be good and see you in some days!!!

JESUS ANTONIO

No comments: