Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bad and Awful Dignity.

Yesterday I watched these two movies and I have to say that I had an incredible time, Capote sadly didn´t have a lot of exposure in my country even from the fact of the tons of prizes and awards gotten by it, probably it was because of the theme to be honest is not even a big issue in terms of transcendency for us in our country.But this is maybe one of the best movies I have seen so far in the year and only for one thing: The amazing acting of Philip Seymour Hoffman, you could really believe He was in the role. Also read the book In Cold Blood from Capote, I read it when I was in high school at it was a beautifully written book and watch the Killing of a Mockingbird that was mentioned over the movie.
A beautiful portrait of a sad, self-centered man against everybody and himself.
Starring:
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Clifton Collins Jr, Chris Cooper, Bruce Greenwood
Directed by:
Bennett Miller
Produced by:
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kerry Rock, Dan Futterman

About the movie...Well just a plain acting from Joe Black, althouhg He was making faces ala Capulina, He was not even funny once (You in my country might understand the comment). Bad directing with an AWFUL and SIMPLE plot. And certainly it is a good movie to have fun with your children but even the timings of the gags where always slow and hectic and bad ones. This movie will never DIGNIFY the Luchas if you ask me. The only part worth mentioning is the phothography.

Have a Great Day!

JESUS ANTONIO

No comments: