Saturday, July 29, 2006

In Noir.

I finally watch today 3 movies the first is Napoleon Dynamite, I have to say it is a quite decent movie in case you like movies like American Splendor or Ghost World this is a must to see.
I really like it, not love it but like it enough to watch it for a second time when I have the chance.
The Passion of Joan of Arc (La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc) was a silent film released in France in 1928 based on the trial records of Joan of Arc. The film was directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer and starred Renée Jeanne Falconetti and Antonin Artaud. It is widely regarded as a landmark of silent cinema.And I have to add that the music is the highlight of the piece it has the most incredible gothical soundtrack I have ever listened. It is an kind of Oratorio composed by Richard Einhorn in 1994.
The Indian Tomb from 1921 was a two-part German silent film adaptation of a novel by Thea von Harbou. It comprised two parts:
Part I: the Mission of the Yogi
Part II: the Tiger of Bengal
Upon its release, it was neither a critical nor commercial success and has been little seen until two recent restorations were completed, a European film restoration and a U.S. video restoration by David Shepard.It is a must to see the great directing of Fritz Lang.

So I guess my day was quite good!

JESUS ANTONIO

1 comment:

sands of time said...

I love Napoleon.A truly awesome nerd.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/