Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Der Golem. 1915



I was gladly impressed by watching the first movie of The Golem filmed in 1915, I am saying that because it is quite known that exists 3 versions in total... one in 1915, other in 1917 and the last one in 1920.
I also have to say that the version I watched was assumed to be lost but found some decades ago in a private collection, the only bummer is that because it was only the footage found the music was lost so in fact I watched a total SILENT MOVIE!!
The Golem (original German name Der Golem, also known as The Monster of Fate) is a 1915 silent horror directed and written by Paul Wegener and Henrik Galeen. The film is based on the book The Golem by Gustav Meyrink, who is also credited as a writer for the film.
I just had an incredible time and thanks again to Heather!!!

I hope to get "Faust" of Murnau as soon as I save some money!!

Just something to comment the poster that is included in the post is the poster of the 1920 Golem Version, that I still need to get and watch. :)

Have a great day!

JESUS ANTONIO

No comments: