Sunday, April 09, 2006

Can a creator be a critic?


Today I was trying to re-structure my agenda because I have a load of work to do from my Social Service and my Workshop in fact it seems vacation Easter break won`t be for me this time because I will be really busy working on my things.
And I received a mail from my friend Nik, let me answer the question first and then at the end you can see the link of my friend`s journal so you can find out all the things about the question.
I am going to divide the question in two areas the first I discovered some time ago.

ARE YOU A COMIC BOOK CREATOR?
1.-I am a comic book creator, Of course I am!!! and by the way I am a really good one, and I will develop my skills as the good oportunities knock my door here in my country or abroad and I want to evolve more and more and more because to be honest I know I am not satisfied enough with my art skills I want more and I will get more. And Yes, I need the help from my friends and the people who trust my work as a vision to see art and as a good investment to become a good business. If you consider Art can not become a business, just do me a favor and read the talks about Lemuria section so you can see reality. Good art is always a business and you and I have to find the way that our and my art without being compromised become a good product. As I was listening to Bjork one of my best singers ever I realized I want to become the Bjork of the Comic book industry, to be so smart to play with things nobody has played but at the same time to have the door open to do what is called mainstream and classical, I want that, I want to play and have fun and I will do it for sure.
Other thing that I will change from now on is the imput I was always the having the question "What is the demand of my comic work? or how to find a job in the industry? and to be honest I just realized that the imput has to be "I want to open my OWN venue and to have my voice and vision so the question is quite clear in... what Can I offer YOU (Editor,friend etc) with my Art?, simple answer I have my own vision that I want people to listen, to see and to understand what I do, to open my own area and space of work and I need FRIENDS and PEOPLE so open to see I won`t crash in my life and put a soft pillow because they know I will do the same thing for them. I am so happy with what I do by now and I know I will be something really big and only depends on the opportunities that people might give me and the ones I will look and search for.How difficult might be I just do not really care I know I will open that venue as fast as I can with the help of myself and many people around I just can`t do it alone well not for now. :)

So the first question comes

2.-Can a creator become a critic? The answer is quite simple.
Hell Yes you can!!! but there are some things to cover.

CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES AND YOUR FOES, You can not get all your energy in critizing for the fact of giving a critic even for the fact of doing the right thing, if you give the critic in the way to help just attach yourself to the simple facts and real ones.
I learned this from two very good friends I have:YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS READING OR LISTENING TO YOU!!!.
And from my Grand Mom IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT SOMEONE JUST DO NO SAY IT, and my Mom also says WITH POWER COMES YOUR TRUTH JUST BE WISE TO HELP YOURSELF AND YOUR BELOVED ONES, JUST DO NOT DESTROY TO BUILT WHEN YOU HAVE THAT POWER.
I have learned by the time that I will get eventually some enemies for free, so who cares!?, for any argument you are in need of two people and to be honest I am quite happy with myself so I do not see the point to get into arguments ANYMORE.My friends know me and They know who I am :) :). Of course I do not like some people but to be honest You will never know, why because I do not obtain anything by being concerned to what others do or to let you know about it.
If the other person doesn`t know how to deal with critics well is not your problem...
Words are words, some gone by the wind or some strong that will be hunting you the rest of your life, just be smart. I mean We are in a very big world so everybody has room to do what they want being right or wrong...let Karma the one to reward you in both senses!.

I forgot to say that for me Nik is one of the best people I have met and is a real friend. Nik is a great person and I have only good and great things to say about him!

Have a great and incredible day!

the link.
http://pickle-press.livejournal.com/


JESUS ANTONIO

No comments: