Monday, August 29, 2005

Overexposed to be seen in the palid DADA mood.


Man Ray Posted by Picasa

I continue feeling a bit bad but let`stalk about art to cheer me up.
Thanks for the words Dear ladies!! I am going out for a walk to stop thinking nonsense.

Well about modern art I love some movements a lot.
Art Noveau
Bahaus
Constructivism
Futurism
And I quite like some part of Impressionism and Surrealism, funny is that I discovered that one movement had some of my favorite artists, in fact one of my favorite photographers is in that movement: MAN RAY.
I loved the way He overexposed the photos to the grade of creating a halo around the figures.

Well the movement I was talking is the DADA movement.
Europe, 1916-1924
Dada was a protest by a group of European artists against World War I, bourgeois society, and the conservativism of traditional thought. Its followers used absurdities and non sequiturs to create artworks and performances which defied any intellectual analysis. They also included random "found" objects in sculptures and installations.The founders included the French artist Jean Arp and the writers Hugo Ball and Tristan Tzara. Francis Picabia and Marcel Duchamp were also key contributors.The Dada movement evolved into Surrealism in the 1920's.

Funny indeed!
Great day!

JESUS ANTONIO

No comments: